Sunday, December 16, 2007

You outshine. No matter what they say.

15th December 2007. The day we've all been waiting for. The day we've waited all year long for. The day where there cannot be any compromise and which I have got to be there, dead or alive. The Gym Rakyat Classics.

Yeah... THE event of the year. Over 140 competitors from all over Malaysia, at one venue - Stadium Titiwangsa, competing for the title of Mr. Gym Rakyat. Most, most importantly, my Ernie was one of the number. I was so, so glad I could make it... I believe I owe an explaination to my previous post too - I was more or less grounded for my 'frivolous going-out habits', which was based more on unreasonable grounds than anything else and I very nearly missed this competition. Well in the end I DID manage to get there (thankyouthankyouthankyou Daddy!!)... but wasn't allowed to sleep at his hotel unlike previously planned. *major dissapointment* But well. I managed to get there to stand by my man... and thats most important now. =)

Met my Ernie at Hotel Putra, where he was staying over at with Simon and his mom.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With some of the tan on, which Simon helped put on before I came, practicing for the last time in the room before going down to the stadium

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*heart* I'm glad that I could be there to soothe and comfort you... To let you close your eyes for a moment and relax, knowing I'm there to keep you safe. Comp prep can be so exhausting...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
^^

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Whee. I made this for him... Its that poem I wrote him (in one of the prev posts) rolled up in a glass bottle... =)

Had lunch later, where there was food provided for the competitors in hotel's cafe and I seriously, seeeeeeriously love the hotel staff for actually preparing special bodybuilder meals!!! Boiled chicken breasts, eggs, roast potatoes and all! Buffet style!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yummeh~ Just how Kimmie likes it


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Backstage!!!
Glad I could be there to put on your remaining tan and sheen... I was the only gal backstage, actually helping a guy put on his stage colouring!!! Hahahaha... =P

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The scene backstage, competitors pumping up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our big man, Terry, doing his stuff!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Takin' a chill pill before the stage? ^^

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And yup heres another one of Kims and her man~

And bring on the spotlights!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ernie did not manage to make it through prejudging, but well... there were about 50 men in his category and with so many on-stage at the same time it is possible for some to be overlooked... Heartbreaking, really, all that effort and tedious preparation involved, but well we knew he went in at his very best, did everything he could to win this. In the end, I'm proud of him for being such a fighter. For that alone... he is a winner. Always will be.

Then we headed to the mamak with Simon, Ernie's (totally cool) mom, Wee Kiat and Chris (who arrived much later from Melaka)... Hahaha bring on the carbs!! But well... Kims is still dieting so she ate her tuna out of the can like a good girl. Even ran into Sazali, who was walking to his friends there!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Baby's forearm... Beautiful.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Walking back to the hotel to pack things up... (Wee Kiat in background!)
Spontaneous change of plans - decided we weren't gonna stick around to watch the finals... we're gonna check out, go home to Uptown and hit 1u!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
What we did after the comp.... XD
Hahahaha FINALLY had a chance and reason to try out Big Apple doughnuts... we absolutely looooove doughnuts and these have gotta be some of the best around. =P Ernie was like so desperate for carbs and sugar we actually ended up running to the shop...!!

If eating 12 doughnuts (shared between us la) wasn't enough... Which of course wasn't...
We hit Carl's Jr. as soon as we were done!

While Ernie went to order the stuff...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kimmie camwhores!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is why I live camera phones~ *narcissitic*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Foooooood! OMG I swear the chicken breast strips are so, so good!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With a pack of pretzels I got from Jusco... Haha carbs, sugar, salt and oil make you happy. =D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
=)

We ate like so, soooo much for one meal lah... Haha... but you totally deserved the binge =) And I'd give up one meal of my diet to enjoy this with you too... XD You so deserved this la after all that hard work!

So yup that pretty much wraps up my tiring yet spectacular day. Dad finally picked me from 1u at 10pm. Hehe I had such a good time. Hope you feel the same way too. =) It's been a wild day. Haha... I'm glad its over and done with, and now we can move on to worry about other things. XD Well before I sign off, here are some random, overdue pics I just recieved today... Enjoy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From the seminar... with the man Ali Amini himself!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kims with IFBB Pro Wong Hong

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From Ernie's 21st birthday on 23rd Nov 2007... waaaaay overdue!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
23rd Nov @ Naili's Place

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And finally... behold the frustration at accidentally buying tuna cans without the easy-open tabs and not having a can-opener at hand...

Hahahaa..... g'nite folks! Till the next post! xoxo