Monday, July 14, 2008

GameAxis LIVE!! Hellboy Character Concept Competition

Woot!! For all who came to see me perform... thanks so so much.... :) it has been loads of fun... and whats more I had my darling Ernie by my side, motivating me to do my very best. So as always, enjoy my photos (and appreciate my effort uploading the whole dumb lot painstakingly). A big thank you to Kevin Boey from GameAxis for covering the event and sending me my pics!! And of course, Simon who took most of the pics PLUS the awesome videos of our performances.



Kim as Lady "Vixoen" Vanity - a reformed Chinese fox demon

Ernie as L.A.X - Lorenze Amadeus Xavier - The lion of New Mexico

Posing in some comic store...

Assembling the weapon

My leng chai.... ^^ lol

Us backstage

Ernie on-stage... tsk not many pics of his presentation.... but theres a vid... hehe

Going to submit my resume to the BRPD panel...
Emcee was hilarious... XD He was asking Hellboy if he wanted me on his team... cos if "you don't want her on your team I want her on mine!" XD
And the stage is MINE!!!
Y'think I'm cute?

Well think again, hunnie!
Working that routine!

Why don't you try doing THAT in six-inches of stiletto heels!!

Photos with the fans after Day 1's events


Guess what.... met Ginny at the event!! Been so many years since OBS... heheh...
And I SO love her uniform~

Us with Simon

Off to Tropicana after a hard day's work for dinner...
Day 2... time to kick ass at the finals
LV... or what my name was supposed to be. They makan-ed it and just called me Vixoen instead of LadyVanity... hence some confusion... but oh well. That was what they "christened" me...

LAX

Mr and Mrs.... Tng??? LOL....

Chaos, Vixoen and LAX
Nothing like a lil' bit of healthy competition in a relationship.... right....?

Posing for the fans

See. We work pretty well together when we're not so busy fighting....

And they're at each other's throats again... siiiigh

LV and LAX going head to head during the weapon assembly challenge!

Vixoen and Awesome battling it out in the fight choreography round

And finally..... the selection of TWO FINALISTS, one of which was myself, for the tiebreaker choreography round with Hellboy...

Oh yea before I proceed... Hellboy was one horny fella =.= He kept gesturing and waving at me and slapping my ass throughout the entire competition spontaneously... it was all for the audience's amusement of course, and myself I reacted either glaring or attacking him with my blades.... lol.... It was hilarious. And the emcee was like, "Hellboy!! Liz just called and she's not happy about the way you're getting overexcited..." and then Hellboy just got pissed and tried to punch the emcee... LOL....

Vixoen, Hellboy and the other finalist, Mercury.
That's Hellboy talking to me about 'tactics' and planning our moves...

And HERE WE GO!!!!

I got your back covered!!


After the choreography round... all competitors back on stage for prize-giving.

Ernie bagging Best Performance award... :D
And myself... Best Costume award ^^
And on top of that......

Vixoen walks away with the GRAND PRIZE and is officially Hellboy's new partner!!

Move over Liz cos Vixoen has just entered the building!

LOL this was actually damn funny also cos Hellboy was, well, misbehaving again... and the emcee went, "Liz is here Liz is here!!! Look she's walking right up from there!!" and Hellboy just jumped away and looked 'innocent'.... aiyo.... I honestly would die laughing if I didn't have to be in character!!
Lookin' smug with my new laptop.... :P
Vixoen has switched alliances.... XD rofl

A really cool pic of LAX and Chaos

Then we proceeded outside for photos with the fans again... this time with me as Hellboy's partner

All of us :)

So yup. Lady "Vixoen Vanity" is now a member of the BPRD, with bragging rights. :P

And it comes with all the goodies. :P
Yea that wraps it up.... ^^ and God this is the first and last time I'm using Blogger to host my images. = .= It takes up so much time and it's so difficult to edit... hence the crappy appearance of this post with lots of random spacings. Pfft. No more!! I'm going to be loyal to Imageshack from this day onwards. Hmph.
Oh, and our videos can be accessed at:

Vixoen:
Interview+ performance - http://youtube.com/watch?v=IDCzYuomgCs
Fight choreography - http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFZPbZRTQ9I
I look really lost in the Hellboy team-up... lol.... and I really think Ernie deserved to win. He went all out and his performances were BRILLIANT. Sighs. But well I got a call that night and apparently the sponsors and organisers were talking about what a great couple we were... with powerful performances and great characters. :) It was a good experience together.
Till then. ;) xoxo