Saturday, April 18, 2009

ABOUT TIME they had a feature story that really mattered....

Joan Liew - A Beauty with Brawn


There was only one word to describe her photo on the cover of StarTwo - wow. It was wonderful, and trully motivational article that I enjoyed immensely... and Joan is such a beautiful, awe-inspiring person - what a REAL woman should be like. I couldn't stop admiring and gaping at her pictures - a perfect body painstakingly sculpted thru years of hard work! And I also found myself sharing so much of her thoughts, and have gone thru a similar road at the very beginning...

“This sport is just an extension of my interest in the arts — to create an aesthetically beautiful body out of nothing. You are in control of your body, and, in time, you can create whatever body shape you want,” she explains.

“People have told me that I’m ugly, that I will never find a boyfriend, and what a waste since ‘you have such a pretty face’. One fellow even asked me whether I was male or female,” Liew sighs.

"To promote reading habits, my classmates and I had to pick a book from the library when we were nine. And while my friends picked storybooks, I gravitated towards the ‘keep fit’ books. People laughed at me but I was impressed with the pictures of muscular women. I knew I wanted to look like that someday.”

At 15, she read her first Muscle and Fitness magazine and was hooked. She couldn’t put the magazine down. (I embraced the gym at 15 myself... but was nowhere as committed as she at that time)

Laugh if you will, but Liew chose her junior college based on whether it had a gym! (Hahaha same here... and also the fact that there was a particular Mr. Selangor next door in INTI........XD)

By midnight, she retires. (On her daily activities, training + working) Hence, the idea of boyfriends has taken a backseat. The muscle building, though, is top priority in her life. (YES!! Training should always, always take the lead!! But in my case muscle building got me a boyfriend! XD)

Joan, you are a diamond in the rough and an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for reminding me what I should stand for... what I should work towards... and setting my mind straight home to where my priorities should be. You are a trully beautiful woman in spite of what others may say.

No more whining. No more procrastinating.
Pain is the way.
RACK IT UP!!!!!!