Friday, April 10, 2009

I was chatting with my special someone today on MSN about the usual...life... work... college... gym... training...... protein....




Lol yea it was a very simple statement (corny, even to some of you)... such a small, small thing really... but to me it was something which struck the realization further about how similar we are; reminding me how special this bond we share is.

When the world judges you, laughs at you and mocks your decision to be big, muscular and therefore "abnormal"... here is a man who laughs WITH me at the world. He understands me. He knows how it feels. And it's not just mere empathy - he walks the path of blood, sweat and iron with me. And he accepts me.

Just yesterday he turned up unannounced at my gym. Gave me quite a start, especially when he said he would be somewhere else... He was wearing this smart, uptight pinstripe shirt. Yet he carried this cool, careless, screw-you sorta air about him. His long hair flowed down his shoulders like a medieval warlord. A freegin' Norse God.

It was Mr. South City Plaza 2007 all over again. Him at the back of the crowd, watching. And me no longer watching the competition cos I was watching him. The one with the long blonde hair. I almost thought, and feared he was gonna be a no-show. He was all that mattered to this starry-eyed little girl.

One year, 5 months. It's a lil premature for our One-and-a-half year milestone... but I just HAVE to say you still make my heart skip a beat, Ernie. You're still my mentor and my best friend. Only more annoying, lol. I remember, I reminiscence, I go right back to the beginning... it's so amazing to me, and I could walk the earth a thousand years and never find another quite like you.

Hoi. I still can remember which tie you were wearing! :P