Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saw this really amusing thing in Juice magazine about a week ago at my gym. Pardon the low quality pics. Only had my phone with me at the mo.


=.= Wth-ness kan! Either that was a very silly mix-up... (very unlikely since "squats" was the only workout-related item on the page) or a very sad case of trying to get away with ignorance.

FYI those are reverse bench lunges!!!!!! *indignant*

Hmm anyways. I don't seem to have much to blog about these days. But one thing that has been playing over and over again in my mind... has been my new year's resolutions for this year. Now usually I don't make new year resolutions cos I didn't believe in them. But somehow this time it feels.... different.

I am 20 now.
I have been lifting for 5 years.
I've been with EF for 3 years, and one year as an employee.

5 years ago, my family and the people around me, they looked at me, and said I wasn't gonna make it. Silly overweight girl wanting to join a gym for novelty, most likely, and then get lazy and drop out and waste all that money. 5 years ago, people looked at me like I didn't belong. What's a fat girl doing in a hardcore bodybuilder's gym? Why is she even lifting weights?

5 years later here I stand. Fuelled by passion and a burning desire to kick dirt back in the faces of people who have put me down. I have accomplished, but I have not accomplished ENOUGH. 5 years later where will I stand? Still comfortably where I am now?

It has never been easy, no matter how much drive you can have. Any iron brother or sister can tell you that. I have been thru times where I hated the sport and never wanted to go back training again. I have felt hopeless, throwing myself at the weights and forcing myself to pick it up rep by painful rep. And on top of that... I face what most females face in this - rejection and misunderstanding. But in spite of all the times I have broken down... I kept my faith. I knew I would thank the iron one day, looking back.

And my promise is this, that to my dying breath I will continue to lift and to train religiously. How much is enough? I tell you enough is never enough. Besides I don't think I'm doing enough considering I look nothing like a bodybuilder. I slack and cut corners. I procrastinate. Will I be good enough, strong enough, to throw all that away and really get my priorities right? Can I forget all else and become so single-minded and mechanical to pursue the dream all the way to the end?

I MUST.

2010 is about setting higher limits. Greater personal records. Who cares what anyone else says - I will rest in peace every night knowing I have given my best. I will walk proud knowing today's workout had not gone to waste. And I when I take my cheat days I know they are well deserved and free of guilt and conviction. Thru the Way of the Iron, I will grow to become a stronger, more wholesome, more disciplined person. For those who are faithful shall be most generously rewarded. I want to be one of that number.



My new stash of whey protein to kick off the new year!

And a little something else I got with my birthday money...


Finally!! I've found my pink + black Juicy Couture bag! :D yayyyy!! *dances around*