Tuesday, December 1, 2009

After weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks of slacking off... I'm finally putting my body back to it's regular routine of training hard, with one difference tho - I am now keeping tabs on my diet regularly and am learning to keep a good, healthy and productive offseason diet plan to maximise my workouts, losses and gains. Previously I had a lifestyle that pretty much meant eat-all-you-want... and then crash diet like no tommorow prior to a shoot. NOT good. Besides, my fluctuating weight had always been an issue - it never stays off and comes right back on lol. Not that I have anyone else to blame but myself..... pffft.

So yeah. This is it. I've learnt my lesson, definitely, from my previous "precontest" attempt. That much bodyfat, so little muscle to begin with... it was recipe for disaster. I'm going to put more effort into diet and nutrition now - starting slow at the moment, not eliminating carbs as drastically as before, not being so paranoid on the sodium for now, and slowly but steadily working towards a tighter, leaner physique.

So! I have been bingeing on stuff I know I will miss. :D Hahahaha.... oh yes I like food posts. Lol. My friend says it's so hard for me to not think about food or diet cos I like taking pictures of food so much. XD Hehe.... So yeah as I was saying....


Okay this is my first bowl of Maggi noodles in..... 6? 7 months? Hey I had loads of beef chunks in it so theres my protein.... lol. XD *gets thrown out the window*


On Ernie's birthday, @ Bubba Gump Shrimp for lunch. He ordered this lunch set with these beef ribs... really worth it cos it comes with alot of other stuff too!


Some peanut butter and chocolate smoothie thingy... (can't remember the name). Was okay... I wasn't too big on this... =/ Think their fruit smoothies are waaaay better.


My shrimp cocktail dish thing... can't remember the name as well lol. They actually put the shrimp in a shaker and mix it all up with the herbs and seasoning! I thought it wasn't too bad! Interesting to have shrimp + lemon juice with tortilla chips instead of my usual cheese dips.

Went out with Kil last weekend. :D So long since we last met and had a proper talk beyond MSN. Haha... Kil's one of the rare people I can have long random convos with and confide in as well. :) He is also the LAST STANDING LONG-HAIRED MAN IN MY CIRCLE OF FRIENDS!!! *shakes fist at everyone who has had drastic haircuts* Oh and I have also been wanting to meet his little "daughter", Arien the sugar glider!


She's the sweetest little thing ever!!!! And so tame! She's really attached to Kil, and has been trained to sit on his shoulder. :D So funny how everyone was double-taking and staring at this little creature perched up there in the middle of Sunway Pyramid!




Me and Arien. :D
Oh and yes that's cheesecake. XD I am one faaaaaaaat chick!!

On Sunday Ernie and I went out for the "final binge" at Mizu, TTDI Plaza. It's a Japanese fine dining restaurant actually, with stuff like Foie Gras sushi on their menu! But... every Sunday they have this buffet lunch from 11am-3pm that costs RM45++. Quite a good deal, considering the quality of their food! They have a menu for you to tick and order from, and on top of that, a seperate buffet spread you can help yourself to.


The restaurant's interior, reminiscent of our other fave restaurant Umai-ya in Damansara Uptown.


Unagi and crabstick handrolls we ordered


And this is their signature Mizu Maki... fresh prawn and lettuce rolled up in rice, seaweed and sea eel (different from Unagi, which is river eel).


I usually don't fancy sashimi... but this one I couldn't resist trying.... and actually LIKED it!! This is the only place I know that serves codfish sashimi!


Selection of grilled fish that we also ordered from the menu... (L-R) Unagi, salmon, salmon belly and mackerel.


Soft-shelled crab and scallop tempura~


Some beef dish... I forgot what it's called but it definitely isn't sukiyaki... Very strongly flavoured and the meat was very tender too. Great stuff!


Thought I'd try the cold soba too - I've never had it before... not really my thing =/


Mussels in butter sauce. It's a tad too salty, but otherwise pretty good.


Unlike Umai-ya.... they have a selection of desserts here for you to choose from! The blackcurrent jelly and mango pudding is luuuurve. :P I also satiated my cravings for cheesecake and chocolate in the same day too!


Okay. No more messing around. :P It's back to working off all those extra pounds and squishy bits! Wish me luck... hope I don't snap on go on one of my frenzied late night chocolate and dodol binges!!