Sunday, January 3, 2010

WHEE!! HAPPY 2010 EVERYONE!!!!
Hope y'all have had a good share of the partying and good times with friends. A decade has come and gone.... really makes you go, WHOA. Where did the time go?? What was I doing....? I can only hope the new year will be a more meaningful one... and that I will be ready to seize every opportunity that arises and make the best out of life. :)

And now let's take a little step back shall we? :D

30th December 2009 - Was supposed to be a very "special" day for me... I'm finally leaving my "teen" years, and hitting the big Two-Oh. But... the aftermath of Opera still left me very weak and groggy from the flu, fever and a vicious sore throat, and I really, REALLY wasn't in the mood for celebrating. On top of that I was working, and had dance class to attend....... But thank you, to everyone who had wished me on my day.... Including the 200-something Facebook messages from all over the place... most of which were 1-2 days early. LOL. So kiasu meh? XD Eh, but nobody beat Wong, who texted blurly 4 days in advance, at 3am. Rofl!!

Cos I wasn't up for anything much, Ernie brought me out for a simple lunch that he had put in much care to plan in advance at Fullhouse, NZX. It was a really nice and cosy little restaurant in the middle of the practically deserted complex. Quite a pity, really, it being hidden away like that.


Their totally SUPERB muschroom soup! It was so strong and rich... and the almond flakes added an interesting crunch to it. Totally loved this....


Ernie actually went thru the trouble of pre-ordering all the food before our arrival! This is my beef steak that was served up with a very interesting, aromatic sauce that was cooked with raisins. Mashed potatoes were really good and well seasoned too.


Ernie's roast lamb... this was pretty okay - I'm not too big on lamb cos the meat cuts are so fatty... Oh and my baby had a special gift for me too...... :D


I've been wanting to buy Strength Training Anatomy for a very very long time... had planned on getting it with my scholarship prize money but have been procrastinating cos it's one bloody expensive book.... But Ernie has gone and gotten me the Women's volume for my birthday! :D This one's not as relevant for my own training, but it is definitely more relevant for my clients and PT sessioning, and it also highlights certain workouts that would be more beneficial to help me protect that hip injury. Besides..... when he went to buy this..... Ernie also picked up the original Strength Training Anatomy for himself. :P So I can steal it from him. HEHE.

Oh and I also received the 2010 Bodybuilding Calendar of Events coincidentally today. :D

And no one else turned up for pole class either.... which resulted in me receiving a very gruelling private lesson that left me aching in most places. XD

Ernie came to pick me up after class at 10pm. And little did I know.... that man had another trick up his sleeve. He and his friends surprised me at the downstairs mamak with a Secret Recipe raspberry cheesecake! Totally caught me off guard. Everyone has really made this year a memorable and extra special one for me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!


Yu Pei's totally sweet pressie... It looks so nice I'd feel guilty for opening it and using it!

New Year's Eve was another good one - thank God I was feeling a little better. Nearly called it a miss due to my health, but I'm really glad I decided to go along with the plans. It was another unforgettable night of good company....


With lots to drink....


And thanks to Ee Mae... the exclusive Peridot Suite... which is the biggest suite in One World Hotel!



The cosy sitting area.


There was also a spectacular view from the room. We could see fireworks at 6 different locations, and the One Utama and Curve fireworks were just right outside our window!


Bright lights..... :D






Sorry I don't take very spectacular firework photos =/




The car alarms all going off one by one in the carpark below! XD


And we were thankful for not getting caught in the post-celebration traffic jam that commenced after!


The roulette wheel I got Ernie for Christmas being put to use.

And believe it or not... I've already been for my first clubbing session of 2010 last night with Wong and his business partner. I'm not a huge fan of clubbing these days, but obliged cos it was Wong's last day to "let loose" before his hardcore dieting begins, and he also wanted to take me out for a belated birthday treat. :D Wasn't too big on the music that night... but the good company made it a fun and unforgettable night nevertheless!


One of Wong's friends gave me this psychedelic blinking shotglass and a tissue paper rose he made, and said he thought I was really pretty..... :D Aawwwwww...........


So nice, kan?

So goodbye 2009, and hello 2010. I hope the new year has many good things in store for all of us, and that we will continue to make the best out of it. :D Let's make it worthwhile!


Oh I'm loving the new candy-blue striped towels at the gym..... hehehe..... And lots of remote control hogging too..... huhu....