Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yea I promised pics of my new fish. Well unfortunately I only have ONE, and not a very good one either.



My green and red Super Delta, Mist.... He was SUPPOSED to be a Halfmoon - I thought he was anyways, until I brought him back and took a good look... and found out he couldn't flare a full 180. It's so hard for untrained eyes like mine to spot such flaws at the petstore thru all that green water... Ish. But well... he is immensely loved for that gorgeous, unique metallic blue-green coloration with a red wash (I know lah red wash is a defect in competition but I don't care, HMPH!). He wouldn't keep still... and this pic is the only one that happens to be clear. I forgot to turn off the flash... hence.... =.=

Yeap he's also residing in my Crowntail, Midnight's old tank.


Midnight was relocated to the high glass shelf in the dining area, away from the coffee table and people in general. And before you start accusing me of cruelty, favoritism and whatnot... he's doing much better in the quieter area and hes still so small, there's perfectly enough space in that jar, thank you very much. He's not so stressed now and is back to being an active and lovable lil fishie!


Beautiful flare. Gotta work on my photography skills.... how do the guys at the betta forum take such flawless, reflection-free photos of their prize fishes????

I haven't given up on trying to take a perfect picture of my tri-colour Halfmoon, Mirage, yet either!




Check out the great lavender coloration!!

No pics of Chomper cos he's still deathly terrified and I'd rather save him the horror. Seriously...... =.= Betta keeping is such a huuuge addiction. Officially obssessed. LOL!

And.... I made peanut butter today! Yeap... good ol' homemade, natural peanut butter. Instead of splurging so much $$$ on expensive sugar-and-salt-free PB like some of the other guys are... I figured it'd be so much cheaper to make my own. Besides... shouldn't I be totally adept at preparing bodybuilder-friendly foods for my sayang and myself, anyways?? :D

First the nuts were toasted in a pan... and then moved to this big sieve to remove the paperish brown skins


I tell you this is seriously tedious, messy work... =.= You peel them with your fingers... then either stir em' around so they fall thru the seive... or toss em' and blow away the bigger pieces.
And I actually put in a good mix of almonds and pine nuts too...


Then it's all put into a food processor with a few tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil...


And blended till it's all nice and smooth. :D


Yeap. RM4 worth of peanuts gets you this large container full of peanut butter goodness.... compared to those at Mercato and Cold Storage that are going for RM13-15... and they taste pretty much the same too! Perfect with Weetbix and rice cakes!! Yum~