Monday, June 15, 2009

So I picked up my fishies from the export centre..... :D
I actually spent quite a long long time there looking thru all the jars... was really difficult trying to pick out a good fish as the water was treated heavily with methylene blue and other anti-stress components... turning it a very dark colour. So it really took awhile to pick out two that I was really satisfied with.

And now allow my to introduce the latest additions to my "brood"! XD


My dark blue crowntail... came home very stressed and shy... he's loads better today but still somewhat afraid of people and only comes out when offered food on a toothpick...


Here's the best pic I can get of him for the moment. He's so shy he wouldn't even "fight" when put in front of a mirror!! But he's got some great finnage and shape there... and the interesting red-tipped bits.


And behold my new darling... a tri-coloured halfmoon which one of the Indon workers picked out for me. Very inquisitive, active, and took to his new home very, very well. Seriously begs for attention and food... you gotta see it to believe it. =.=


Pretty blur of colours :D

Not to mention, he LOVES the camera and seems to know that his picture is being taken - he stays still and fans out his fins as if he's posing!!


Gorgeous....
Eh. Of course I'm not being biased okay lol I sayang all my fish okay. XD

And yeah I've been delaying this fellow his post for some time...

My first betta in don't-know-how-many years... which reminded me how much I loved keeping them and driving me to buy the other two. He's named Chomper, btw cos he's so damn fierce and starts flaring even when he sees people. XD LOL. He's a common veil-tail from the regular pet store and only cost RM2 unlike his expensive neighbours... but very pampered all the same! And he's huuuuuge for a common betta (also the reason why I snapped him off the shelf immediately).. which makes me wonder if he's POSSIBLY got giant genes somewhere down the line.... :S


And I've never seen a fish so utterly terrified of a camera before =.=
I NEVER flash my fish but for some reason Chomper gets very distressed and starts darting/jumping the moment he sees a camera... had to distract the fella with a mirror...

So... yay! Those are my fishies. Lol. Haha I know what you may be thinking... suicide, kan, buying so many fish and having to care for them now on top of my stupidly hectic schedule... Hey but like I said I seriously love keeping betta and WILL do my best to keep em' healthy and happy. Explains why I did a proper tank setup instead of just stuffing them into lil glass jars, eh? They're seriously cute okay when they start nosing and playing in the plants. XD Lol I'm officially obsessed.... XD

K lah! Assignment time! :D