Tuesday, November 10, 2009

9th November 2009 marks another significant milestone.
Ernie and I have been with one another for 2 years. Yep... we've made it thru thick and thru thin... thru the rough patches and prickly times to come to where we are today. Looking back it's like whoa - we've come a long way to be here. Seriously makes you wonder, what the future has in store for this relationship.

Well my boy really has outdone himself this time. He had reservations made a long, long time in advance, with lots of planning going on behind my back, even making the effort to learn how to drive down to KL.... to bring me to the posh fine dining French restaurant, Cafe Cafe.


I'm finally here! After talking about it so much and hearing so much about it from Su Fen after she did her training there~


Amazingly cosy interior with ambient lighting


They got these pretty crystals dripping from the ceiling too that catch the light every now and then.... *love*


Check out their business card too... elegant, no? :D


Ernie all dressed up :)


One of the starters... comprised of lamb and some creamed potatoes that were SO well seasoned! I was very surprised to taste such an explosion of flavours. Damn awesome stuff.

Haha yea. Fat Kim loves food posts.


Finally getting a taste of what everyone's been shouting about - Foie Gras.
Yes it's THAT good. A little crispy on the outside and on the inside it's buttery, and literally melts in your mouth, and has none of that icky liver-y taste. Gosh this is so sinful..... and satisfying.... :D


Ernie ordered escargots in garlic butter sauce which were not to bad either!


Clams in white wine sauce.... I'm not too big on clams so I guess I can't really comment. Ernie did say the wine does go with it very well tho.


And this I've been dying to try since Su Fen's been singing praises about it. LOL. Their Wagyu beef cheeks in Burgundy sauce! And yes they actually do come from the cow's face. The meat has been simmered in wine for over 5 hours, and is just so delicate and well flavoured. This dish definitely lived up to expectations!!

The lemon sorbet and hot chocolate cake we had for dessert was pretty good as well. The sorbet was also served up in a cute shotglass!

Thank you Ernie for the great dinner and all that hard work you put into it.... And thank you for the 2 years of being my significant other, and putting up with all my crap. I wonder what the future has in store for us. And I hope it is something bright and promising.

Happy Anniversary, love.

Labels: , , , ,