Saturday, January 16, 2010

Guess some of you guys might be pretty miffed about coming here and finding a lack of updates. Well the truth is these days I hardly find anything to blog about... and on top of that I have been surrounded by a whole lot of negativity regarding my new class schedule, and all the other commitments I have made during the holidays that I absolutely CANNOT put down right now.

Behold... my weekend schedule.

Saturday:
7am - I wake up, and down a thick cup of coffee
7.30am - I go for my run
8am - I chill for awhile. Probably catch up on some reading and uni work.
12pm - 6pm - I HAVE CLASS. For 6 friggin' hours back to back. On a weekend.

Yup. And after that... I am in the dilemma of whether to train.... or go for dance practice. I feel an immense sense of guilt knowing my training is of utmost importance and I should be hitting hard even tho I feel so fatigued and strained... and on the other hand I need to catch up in dance as I am one of the poorest and clumsiest gals in terms of coordination. Wish I could do both. Wish they would be open for longer hours. Wish I had more hours in a day! *sigh*

Oh Sunday's not much better. I have to work.

Anyhoo. Here's a dose of the funnies from ProBuffedBodies. I put up a coupla these yesterday and thought I'd share em' here too.
_________________________________________________
Best Call To Tech Support EVER!

Customer:
"I got this problem. You sent me this install disc, and now my floppy drive doesn't work."

Tech Support:
"Your floppy drive doesn't work?"

Customer:
"That's what I said. You sent me a bad disc, it got stuck in my drive, now it doesn't work at all."

Tech Support:
"Did it not install properly? What kind of error messages did you get?"

Customer:
"I didn't get any error message. The disc got stuck in the drive and wouldn't come out. So I got these pliers and tried to get it out. That didn't work either."

Tech Support:
"You did what sir?"

Customer:
"I got these pliers, and tried to get the disc out, but it wouldn't budge. I just ended up cracking the plastic a bit."

Tech Support:
"I don't understand sir, did you push the eject button?"

Customer:
"No, so then I got a bit of butter and melted it and used a syringe to put the butter in the drive, around the disc, that got it loose. Then I used the pliers and it came out fine. But now the drive doesn't read any of my discs... I can't believe it! Why would you send me a defective disc?"

Tech Support:
"Let me get this clear. You put melted butter in your floppy drive and used pliers to pull the disc out?"
At this point, I put the call on the speaker phone and gestured for the other techs to listen in.

Tech Support:
"Just so I am absolutely clear on this, can you repeat what you just said?"

Customer:
(sighing) "I SAID! I had to put melted butter in my floppy drive, then use pliers to pull your crappy disc out."

Tech Support:
"Did you push that little button that was sticking out when the disc was in the drive, you know, the thing called the EJECT BUTTON?"

...Silence.

Tech Support:
"Sir?"

Customer:
"Yes."

Tech Support:
"Sir, did you try the eject button?"

Customer:
"No, but you people are going to fix my computer! or am I going to sue you for breaking it?"

Tech Support:
"Let me get this straight. You are going to sue our company because you broke the floppy drive, didn't follow the instructions we sent you, didn't actually seek professional advice, didn't even consult the user's manual, instead proceeding to pour melted butter into the drive and physically rip the disc out with pliers?"

Customer:
"Ummmm."

Tech Support:
"Do you really think you stand a chance, since we do record every call and have it on tape?"

Customer:
(now rather humbled, and whiney) "But you're supposed to help!"

Tech Support:
"Certainly sir, but physical abuse is not covered by the warranty."

XD