Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I know, I KNOW!!!

Right after making a post about dieting and training..... Here I am making a food review post. Can you say hypocrite???? *gets chased and beaten with a stick*

But hey I'm happy to say things are all good in the gym... been very busy lately with all the happenings and being acquainted with all the new people 2010 brings. EF is one big, happy, noisy family alright! Okay now who wants to go makan durian after training??? :DDD *gets chased and beaten again*

Hehe anyways. Ernie and I have unearthed a pretty good place to eat in Aman Suria. It's called Betty's Midwest Kitchen, and is a small, cosy non-franchise restaurant. It is run by a family that had stayed in America for years, learned how to cook dishes unique to the Midwest, and come back here to open a restaurant. We've been there about twice already in two months. Unfortunately it is non-halal tho, as most of the dishes they serve up contain pork.




One of their signature dishes - the Boston Butt, which is a generous serving of pork shoulder, slow-baked to perfect tenderness. Literally melts in your mouth! Absolutely recommend this to everyone!

Oh as you all know I don't eat pork cos I hate the smell - just like how some people don't like beef and lamb. But certain pork dishes here are cooked and seasoned so well that it masks that particular scent/taste I actually don't mind taking a bite!


One of the side dishes called "Dog Food", which is basically fries drenched in cheese and gravy. Thought this was just okay as I'm not too big a fan of french fries.


The "Juicy Lucy" - a big burger with a thick homemade beef + pork patty, with a hot melted cheese centre. This was another good one and the cheese centre made it all the better!


Their special Mac n' Cheese, topped with crispy breadcrumbs and lots of bacon. I picked out all the bacon bits and fed them to the boyfriend. Lol. Sorry lah if I'm weird that way.


Cheese Rounds. These are deep fried potato croquettes with a hot cheese filling. Had a mild, peppery taste to it. It sounded and looked really good, but I thought this wasn't very much to shout about actually.


Chicken and noodle soup. Reminiscent of minestone cooked with macaroni. Not bad.


Pork baby back ribs. This one had a very smoky flavour... and the distinct pork smell was rather strong too in this dish which I didn't like. But the meat is tender and well cooked, and Ernie totally loved this!

This is definitely a restaurant I would reccomend to all pork-lovers! Serving sizes are large, and the price is reasonable too. While I may not be able to come up with a very accurate commentary about their food (since I usually don't like and don't eat pork), Ernie was very enthusiastic about it, and looks like we might be regulars here after all. Haha.

And ooooh I have yet to try any of their desserts..... *evil grin*