Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not much has been going on in my life lately apart from work, training, dieting and studying... Geez. I officially don't have a life anymore. And I don't have an off day anymore cos I'm constantly coming in for extra hours to train my clients.
*sigh* Wong how on earth do you do it!?

Being low carb again sucks too. Tuna. BLEAAARRRGH.

But lately... in whatever little free time that I have.... I have been spending a little time in front of the PC with my newly acquired downloads....



Yeap. Now I know this has been around for YEARS. But cos I don't watch TV... It's only recently that I've managed to get torrents for the US versions. I have finished watching Season 1... and am slowly making my way thru Season 2....

And shit I'm addicted to this thing! And this is just NOT ME as I've never really gotten addicted to any TV series before.... never watched, cared for, or followed TV series faithfully like my life depended on it since I left my childhood cartoon phase... But I suppose The Biggest Loser really strikes a chord as I relate to it so much - I've been there. I know how it is like being obese and ridiculed and having no self-confidence or body image. I know how it felt like, making a total lifestyle change and getting off my ass to do something about it. It was all very real to me and I genuinely felt for the participants. Heck, I can cry watching Biggest Loser!!

Oh and on top of that.... as a personal trainer now... Bob and Jillian are huge sources of inspiration and motivation. Doesn't every trainer wanna be as successful as they are! And of course Jillian has the body to die for and I'm hoping one day I'd look as impressive as her too!

Season Two's theme song had lyrics that really hit the heartstrings and stoked the flames of passion within me.

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

Well today, I got up this morning barely able to walk. Leg day yesterday had paid off, but in spite of my aching body, I know I will be back this evening, hitting hard with everything I've got. Doesn't matter how much I lift. Doesn't matter how long I train compared to everybody else. But the fact is I'm there, and giving my hundred-and-ten percent. Tommorow will be another day where I will wake up feeling that deep, dull ache. But it is a sacrifice and investment that I just KNOW will reward me for my faithfulness. And with that, I know I will feel proud.

Doesn't matter who you are, what your fitness levels are, or how "bad" or "weak" you think you are. It's never too late or too impossible to make a change. People on this show are living proof that it all can happen for anyone. And I hope that people all around the world will be inspired and educated about fitness and healthy living. It's just too sad knowing how so many out there take these things for granted.

Can't wait for my Season 3 to finish downloading!
Hope the Asian version will have torrents too once Season 1 has finished airing.... I seriously have no time to catch it properly on TV....