Saturday, May 1, 2010

So I've had an incredibly harrowing and upsetting week. Exams. Training. Clients. Elbow injury.
What a ride it's been.

I've been very upset about my elbow injury from a poling accident... training has been completely appaling with yesterday being at an all-time worst - I can't even do a single push-up without being in excruciating pain... huge ego slap considering I dish em' out 30-50 at a time. *sigh* It's going to be another long, boring road to recovery. (As long as I keep my hands faaaar far away from pole tricks...)

But anyhoo today I'm considerably happier!
I've been grappling with the idea of getting my own compact camera for a long, long time. It's been a headache what model to get - so many brands... so many prices.... Ugh. But I think I'm very happy with the purchase I made today! So..... tadaaa!




Say hello to my new Olympus u-Tough 8010!! *super excited*

Ok yeah. Crappy photo. Sorry that was taken with my phone



Here is a better picture of my new cam. Hehe....
The 8010 is the latest model of the u-Tough series. Am completely head-over-heels in love with this baby. Like it's name... it has a very tough, rough, "hardcore" looking design. Probly the most manly and masculine piece of gadgetry I own today... (Poor thing feels so lost in the midst of it's very pink, rhinestoned stepsisters. LOL)

On top of that... it is a whopping 14 megapix, x5 optical zoom. And true to it's name... it is crush-proof (100kgf), freeze proof (-10 Celcius), and 10m waterproof (yay snorkelling!). And most importantly - it is 2m shockproof. Now this is an investment well made considering the terrible butterfingers I've got!


And there's also a sophisticated "locking" system on the battery/card cover, with two layers of waterproof rubber edges. Ok yalah bad photo... blame the phone. Well you'll get to see it for yourself if you run into me. Lol. And from now on I shall be taking better photos too!

So how much would a hardcore action cam like this cost? Set me back about RM1.5k.

But it was a tough decision to make okay.
The competitor?


HOW COULD YOU SAY NO TO THE IRRESISTABLY CHIC, SLIM AND PINK
Sony DSC-TX5!?!?!?


Yeap I was there a long, long time... seriously considering picking this one up. The Sony wins hands down style-wise. (And OMG it matches my shiny pink phone too!) It is slimmer, smaller, and much easier to slip into a pocket compared to the u-Tough's bulky frame. It has a huuuuge touch screen too. Like my God, look at it!! That cam just has my name written all over it, right? Riiight!?!? *flails excitedly*

But but.....
I had to tear my greedy eyes and hands away from this one.... considering....
The Sony DSC-TX5 is only 3m waterproof. And 1.5m shockproof. 10 megapixels. x4 optical zoom.
It is a first-generation cam - the first waterproof and shockproof cam Sony has come up with whereas the u-Tough has been in the market for a long time, and has been improved and upgraded over the last few models. The DSC-TX5 also comes at the same price as the u-Tough 8010. So... for the money's worth... I gave up the cute pink cam.


So here is my u-Tough. Happily charging and nestled in my... err.... sock basket. Lol. Overall I'm really glad I got it and can't wait to take it out! :D Yay! My very own camera!!

And no don't worry I'm not about to cover this one in pink rhinestones too.... LOL.
I think it looks pretty darn fabulous the way it is, in all it's masculine glory!