Thursday, January 31, 2008

Owhmigosh~

You people are simply such angels.

And I had only just blogged about in my taggie that I was so hyped about the Babyliss curling iron yesterday... And before I knew it here it is, from the whole of Ikan-No-Powah, as my belated birthday pressie!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
^^ There it says!

Was so funny... Xing attempted to hide it from me when we kinda bumped into each other at the front gate of college and she had it with her in a plastic bag... No wonder she was walking so strangely!! XD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*loves*

Thanks guys... you're all the best! *group hug*
Yvonne (and her ever-ready camera) took more pics at college... some pretty hilarious pics of my expression and reaction upon recieving this... lol hyperness!!! Will upload them when they're sent to me~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well heres some pretty backdated stuff...

27th January 2008 - Kimmie's debut on the movie set!!

Naaaaaah it's not a big thing at all lah... But still for me it was alot to be excited about! It all started with Ernie getting an sms requiring him to be on the set of "Age of Glory" - a chinese tv series that is in the process of being filmed. He was needed as a supporting role - the main actor's bodyguard, and therefore our supposedly chill Sunday together had to be cut short abruptly. But then!! Unexpectedly mom allowed me to tag along with him on to the set, and he managed to obtain permission from the people there to bring me along, so off we went to the studio!

And while Ernie was changing into his costume I was approached by the casting director. They required one more girl on the set and she wondered if I was willing to do it! It was a nightclub/restaurant scene from the 70s or 80s... all I had to do was look pretty, chat up and keep the 'patrons' company in the background. Before I knew it I was whisked off to makeup and was part of the excitement!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Baby in his bodyguard outfit!! Well... he was supposed to be a bodyguard in this actor's place... but then the original actor (some skinny dude who got the role just cos he's got a pretty face =.=) turned up out of the blue so Ernie was given some minor kelefeh roles like me...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kimzie straight out of makeup! Oh GOD they put me in this hideous polkadot dress!! T.T The other gals had such gorgeous dresses and I was feeling so unhappy and mistreated for awhile... no for a long while actually cos they made me wear this ugly dress for most of the shooting... *SOB* But well I got used to it and started to think I didn't look so bad lah.

After all... they're paying me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yea they put flowers in my hair too... Nyaaa doesn't he look like my lil' puppy??

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One of the sets in the studio that wasn't in use

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Aaaand action!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pretty props ^^

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Had me in 3 different getups... supposedly portraying 3 different girls. This here is my second, which is actually the horrible orange dress with a big shawl over it. Made me look like some old lady. Oh agony! Oh as for Ernie... he got casted temporarily as one of the band boys which was SO not him. Tsk the waistcoat doesn't do him justice either!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Then he was given a suit to play one of the patrons... Hehe thats him trying to look like Donald Trump... XD And then he tried walking and talking like Vince McMahon. Aiyoo... made me laugh so, so much can die lah!

It was so hilarious in between the takes when some of the guys started fooling around and making jokes... even imitating Ernie trying to warm me up from the bitterly cold aircon. Then the casting director made a jibe at us for paktor-ing at work! Got to know some fellows too and obtained info regarding agencies etc...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our beautiful leading lady taking a break to go over her lines

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One of the several scenes taken that day...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And finally... they put me in my third dress... which I absolutely fell in love with... =)
Okay now I know blue looks alright on me. Yay!

So now I've a taste of how tedious shooting a movie can be... definitely exhausting, and imagine what the leads go through if thats how I felt as an insignificant character! We were let off at 1am+... Whooo it was such a relief to remove all that makeup, pop out my contact lenses, grab a warm shower and finally curl into bed with my Ernie. But well I had alot of fun, and alot of excitement. It had been an awesome experience. Guess in a way I owe it to my boy... if he hadn't suggested me tagging along I wouldn't have gotten involved in all this. And we got to spend the day together too though in a different way. And not just the entire day but the night too. I love you baby... wonder what other surprises await us!