Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You know its been some time since I had an angsty post. Well heres one cos I seriously can't keep it in anymore about how much I hate them bloody benchwarmers. Yes. Like, what do you come to the gym for? To workout like what anybody with a GOOD SENSE OF SELF-RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY does... or to mill around chatting and attempting to look devilishly cute (failing miserably too) and plant your sorry saggy ass in a place where it obstructs fellow gym-goers?

And the sad truth it you can't run away from them vermins you know. Like mosquitoes they're *sinister voice* EVERYWHERE. Every gym. Everywhere with a workout bench. FYI folks, a workout bench may be a pretty neat surface to rest your tush on but its not to be treated like just another meagre chair. Thats cos people need that thing to workout with and we can't do that with your ass superglued to it, can we!?

Well of course I dont have a problem with you resting on your bench between your sets. But get this. First thing I see at ECA Taylors' gym... some stupid kid with his ping-pong paddles had propped the bench riiiight up to the mirror where he can lean.... and was sitting pretty playing his PSP or Nintendo or whatever crap tahi-ayam piece of technology he's got there. It doesn't help either that there is only ONE FUCKIN' BENCH at ECA gym!! And then that irritating, apologetic, sheepish "oh-I-know-I'm-not-supposed-to-be-hogging-benches-but-I-do-it-anyway" you give me when I tell you I need that bench... How how'd you like it if I went and did my crunches on your ping-pong table eh?

Oh and there are lil' round tables with their plastic chairs all around and a nice comfy couch up front. So do me a favour and leave the workout bench alone cos unlike (I dare to say) 97% or more of the Taylors College population I FULLY UTILIZE THE GYM. Unless you wanna attempt to look like you DO workout by simply sitting around and just being there. Oh yes I think I heard that bergoyang kaki is an abso-bloody-lutely fab way to lose them love handles!

You know what else gets me flaming? As if the Kelana Jaya Highschool kids at Energy were not annoying enough, or the bastard that stares at me like its a cardinal sin for girls to pump iron, or the old fart that tries giving me his "enlightening" techniques and advice assuming I don't know how to lift cos I'm fuckin' FEMALE, or the bloody drama and gossip that somehow or other has to involve me getting sucked into it... Greater than all that has to be the "dedicated" (note that I speak this with utmost sarcasm) fawning BENCHWARMING girlfriend.

You know... it's fine if you come workout, lift a lil', have a spin on the treadmill... I could always do with a sister in iron, y'get what I'm sayin'... But noooooo you come in here, sit your ass on the machines waiting for your bodybuilder boyfriend (who used to workout with his shirt off until new gym rules were implemented)... and when he comes in your face lights up with the most radiant smile like you've just seen a golden god... and you skip over to him and tarpau nearest bench/machine next to him, and like a dumb deer caught in headlights stare at him adoringly as he proudly hammers out his reps and sets, and smile contentedly knowing this uberhunk belongs to you and how he'd beat anyone up just for you... and he's standing proud knowing you're the most understanding and loving girlfriend in the whole wide world...

PLEASE LAH. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU OR YOUR BF THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DO JUST GIMME BACK MY BENCH.

Effing hell lah all this in one day... It seriously doesn't help when the gym is incredibly crowded and we are all pretty much fighting for machines. It's happened so many times in fact that her mere presence ticks me off already. I've never even seen her workout here even once! Hello, my boyfriend is a competitive bodybuilder too and do you see me doing that soppy-sop-sop I'm-your-biggest-fanclub behavior thingy?? If you wanna support your boy go see him at his competitions. The function of a gym is to go pump iron; one (wo)man, one mindset, one goal. Everything else goes OUTSIDE. Urgh.

Damn. Kim needs money. Alot of it. Maybe I should seriously stop the impulse buying...
What to do lah I'm a materialistic gal..... Tsk tsk..... Anybody wanna give me jobs...? Pls pls...?

And the corset fetish is NOT helping either... especially when I now know somebody who's in the lingerie business big time and is bringing in all the goodies... Aaaaaaaarrgh.

Oooo and Iron Asylum is oooooooopeeeennn!!!!

xoxo