Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things have not really picked up for me yet….. but okay yay I’m most definitely feeling heaps better compared to the shitsville of my previous post.

Thanks Shan for hanging out and spending the day with me. We gotta do this more often lol. Miss you so much! Your company has also significantly taken things off my mind and lightened my mood. Keep updating me as and when you next return to the country!! You’re very much loved, girlfriend. ;)

That aside… bitch-banging, shit-kicking Kim is about to make a comeback. This matter regarding my Basic Skills for Knowledge Workers lecturer has peeved me in silence for most of the semester and I have only divulged in one classmate. Sure – I always had a feeling she hated me with a vengeance, the way she snaps at me all the time but is perfectly simpering with the other students. Apparently she hates the fact that I finish all her assignments within 30mins of her class (not that I have a choice. I’m a perfectionist and workaholic for the sakes of having time for PT and my miscellaneous rubbish). Well anyways I should have gone with the anger and gut-instinct from the very first strike – asked her a question about an Excel document assignment and her exact words in response were “Malaslah saya nak ajar”. On top of that the tone of her voice boiled blood but nope – swept that under the desk with chewing gum and scrap paper.

Today… she handed us assignment sheets to do in class… finished mine and went to hand up but was greeted with a totally frigid “What? I’m not going to mark that. I want to discuss later in class.” Okay. Fine. Sat down and started surfing random websites…. No biggie. Few more people tried to hand in their stuff but were also told to sit down. And then I realized what she was doing – on her desk were stacks of our assignments, quizzes and paperwork from the entire semester (sem ends next week too. Haha). She has only begun marking them TODAY. No wonder we haven’t seen them since we handed them up. So the class sat in silence for TWO HOURS before she had her “discussion”… which lasted less than 10 minutes and comprised of her just reading the answers from her sheet. Oh and what was so epic – a Nigerian guy tried to pass up his paper and she told him slowly and clearly “I’m too tired to mark your paper”. And he actually repeated what she said to him… and she said “YES.” Look of incredulity on his face was priceless.

Oh sure we’re supposed to show our lecturers respect and as their students, humility and obedience. Of course I agree with that… but hello this is not government school where education is free for all. If it were I’d brush it off as nothing and lay over. But no – this is uni and I’m paying truckloads of money. As much as I should show you (undeserving) respect, you should deliver the service you were paid for. It’s no longer a matter of incompetence (my IT lecturer is a little “off” himself but hey he’s totally patient and nice) – it’s a matter of attitude. I’ve seen enough of cunts, cockfaces and shitheads to last several lifetimes. UNITAR will be hearing a (hopefully) constructive complaint from me pretty soon.

I hope things will take a turn for the better. It's almost the end of the sem. Hopefully it signals a new beginning and an opening for more good things to come. Really happy about going to buy supplements later on with Ernie! I'm gonna try out my first NO supplement and am looking forward to that!