Friday, February 13, 2009

Huhu... super long post coming up. :D
Backdated pics... at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.... can't really remember when...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Their smoothies are the bomb!! I don't usually order drinks... but here it's seriously too good to resist... ^^ Don't remember the name of this.... it's the one thats got strawberry and coconut cream.... Yummeh....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some rice + shrimp dish... not so good... was OK only compared to their other main entrees.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oooo... but this! This was the BOMB.... Their nachos are very unique and tasty... ^^ And they give so much dip!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Check out how rich their dip is... lots of cheese and spinach... and it's only an extra RM1 if you want shrimp in it. Simply heavenly.... I could eat it just like that on it's own!

On to more recent things....
Kimmie welcomes her new lil' precious.......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A pair of punch pliers!!!
Haha lol.... yea me and my lil' thing for crafts and DIY work. This was one bloody expensive bugger... bought out of desperation actually cos when I was in the middle of making Ernie's V-day pressie.....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I blunted my dad's conventional punch. =.= It's the sort that you gotta hammer into the leather manually. And those edges were sharp when I first began... and so when it died I went frantically to hardware stores finding a replacement... only to be told they no longer sell the conventional punches (WHAAAAATT!?!?) and now they only manufacture the plier type... so yeah.

But well turns out I'm really glad I bought it in the end! As a matter of fact... I'm clobbering myself over not buying it earlier at having spent days of clankering into the wee hours of the morning (literally) and depriving my neighbours of sleep! It's so much easier to use and so much more versatile with different materials and fabrics. *sayangs*

And I also just realised how much of my dad's tools I've been pilfering over the weeks and days. x.x

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The 'workstation'....
Yea that's the thing about leatherworking... at first you think it's just leather, needle and thread, yup? Then you realise you need a bazillion more things to pierce, secure, decorate etc etc etc.... No seriously it's sometimes really amazing how these simple things make life so much easier, have you ever thought about it???
*sigh* How would I ever live without a local hardware store... lol.
By the way all of dad's tools have been returned already.

Next mission: Overcome fear of big deafening power tools... power drills, tile-cutters, buzz saws and the like.... *goes back to rummage in the tool cupboard*

Ah well... speaking of Valentine's Day....
Was with Ernie beginning from the night before, cozying up in his new condo... ;)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Cheese and choc mousse cakes from Royale Bintang Hotel... and some chocolate + cherry cheese dip... :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
On Valentine's Day itself we had buffet lunch at Umai-ya... :P The place was super packed! Hehe... my baby had the smarts to make reservations two weeks in advance!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
They now have this different ordering format... they give you these menus where you can tick what you want on it and state the quantity... much more convenient for them as well, instead of taking multiple orders for the buffet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The cosy setting of the restaurant...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*loves*... and omg I look so chinadoll in this photo it's freaky!! x.x

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
First up... Unagi tempura!! :D:D Really loved this one... had 2 plates of it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shisamo (barbequed capelin fish) and soft shelled crab tempura

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sashimi platter.... we're wiser now and only ordered what we knew we liked... instead of ordering everything on the list and ending up not liking some at all!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beef negi... or slices of barbequed beef wrapped around spring onions. Unexpectedly this was really really good too despite the simplicity of the dish...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beef teppanyaki... so-so only...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Another one of my faves.... the Dragon Maki (avocado + unagi + prawns)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tofu Steak.... pretty good stuff too...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Soft-shelled crab Maki

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Unagi sushi

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Probably my fave dish at Umai-ya... the Kani Unatama Maki!! Hehe yup... Soft-shelled crab, unagi and tamago rolled in seaweed and drizzled with mayo.... Yuummm... Really love the fact that this isn't made with the sticky rice too!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
California Cheese Maki... Is it just me or has this dish kinda gotten poorer since the last time?? I remembered it used to be really good and we had seconds, but this time it was more like.... naaaah....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Finishing off with the desserts... Chocolate, green tea and wasabi ice cream. Yes wasabi. Lol. We were intrigued enough to order that to try it. Turned out to be not quite our thing. Spicy ice cream.... *shudder*

Well of course our V-day wasn't over with just lunch... lol. We went to the KL Bird Park later in the afternoon with my family.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This hornbill was suuuper adorable... lol... it kept hopping along the floor in a reallt comical manner!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some of the peacocks there are really friendly... They'd let you approach them really close, and even take food from your hand!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ernie trying to feed one of the egrets.... Very greedy, feisty fellows...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Feeding the emus...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Uhh dear... I think that ones reaaaally hungry....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yea... haha... this guy actually came running up to me... and then staring and stretching it's neck up to look at the bread I was feeding the emus... lol. Either very hungry... or very greedy indeed!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Very greedy koi too.... lol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Playing with chicks in the nursery!

And after feeding and watching all those greedy birds at the bird park... we greedy humans went to William's for dinner!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is the antipesto we ordered to share... and THANK GOD we decided to share cos I would've have been able to finish it on my own!! That is SO much meat!! Lamb, beef, rib, chicken, ham, salami, sausages, mince, and this huuuuge serving of mashed potatoes and cream sauce. That was one very, very hearty meal.

And I supposed all that makan has taken it's toll.... I'm now sick and have lost my voice. Lol. And went to work without my voice too and gave everyone a hard time trying to figure out what I was croaking. And heyyy I didn't skip training, ya know?? I still dragged every inch of that weary body onto the treadmill for a sound punishing. *proud*

Oh wells... pray I get better kay?? :)