Saturday, February 6, 2010

4th February should've been a significant date for me.

I've been working for EF for exactly a year now. I've been with the gym longer than any other trainer there now, since Rosli and Faidzal have left. It was my second home. My refuge and my sanctuary. My place of comfort.

It's nostalgic. How it's grown from a single shoplot to span over 2 floors of 2 shoplots. I've been here 3 years in total. Been here since the very beginning. But in one year of work... I see the side of things I wouldn't have. I have lost faith and respect for certain people. I see discrimination. I see elitism. And in others.... a newfound admiration and comradeship which I never saw before. How one year really opens your eyes to things and changes your perspective huh.

It's one thing to have passion. And another to make your passion your job. That's the irony of it eh. But I will never hate the sport because of the people. And neither will I stereotype or judge others of "the same kind" based on this minority. Don't things you thought you could bank on always have a knack of kicing you down and stomping on you when everything else is already a pain in the tuckus and your life is going down the drain? Well, I will always have feelings of fondness associated to this place. I wouldn't be where I am either I believe if this place had never crossed my path. Today I am a stronger person... not physically, but emotionally. The grass may look greener on the other side... but for now you know I'm gonna stick it. I have responsibilities here.

Be strong. Don't be afraid of dissapointments. People let you down all the time. It's a matter of how you weather thru the tough times. Cos I know that every day I put in, is an investment towards my own future and my own reality. I know I'll come out a champion in my own right. So bring it!