Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bad news.

Laptop is beyond repair. Apparently some parts inside have rusted, and that sort of damage is not covered by warranty... cos rust = masuk air... but I'm baffled cos if there is rust the water must've been inside for quite some time......... T.T Sighs. More $$$ to be spent... which means working HARDER.....

It's abit of a comfort that I got the laptop entirely F.O.C by winning at GameAxis as Vixoen ... but also... it's kinda stabbing as it contains sentimental value as my very first cosplay/character design Grand Prize win....

Ah wells. Let's start off with a random food post
The following was taken at one of our fave Tex-Mex restaurants, Frontera, at Jaya 1.


Cripsy chicken chimichangas as appetizer. My fave! Very nice with the jalapeno + sour cream dip.


My chicken burger... can't remember the exact name... but wooh the chicken was cooked and seasoned really really well... and the honey mustard dressing that came with it.... siiiiiiin!! Huge serving sizes too and worth every penny.


*slurps* Are you hungry yet???


Ernie's pick of beef fajitas. Not too bad either. Not as cheesy as the ones at Chillis tho. And they serve their sauces in those really cute glasses... and bottomless tortillas in a special container.


Dessert! Ordered this cos it sounded very unique and special... Some cheesecake chimichanga thingy. It's cream cheese wrapped and deep-fried inside a crispy tortilla... with cranberry sauce and whipped cream. Was ok... rather plain actually for the price... I didn't quite like the liquified, hot cream cheese... Not exactly something I'd order a second time round.

And this is from Italianesse MidValley, during Patrick's 21st birthday. Oh and before I move on to that... props to them for the superb service... we were a party of about 30+ people that kept them on their toes till closing time!


Chicken parmagiano. The manager's recommendation for my request of something rich, cheesy and creamy. Yummy... huuuge portion.


Fresh cream... salsa... cilantro... cheese... and four slices of lean chicken fillets. That's a piece of heaven for you!


And our regular Tiramisu dessert! Awesome as ever. Sometimes Ernie and I would even go to Italianesse just for this alone!

Ok moving away from food... yesterday's event went by smoothly. Despite the heavy rain and crazy traffic... Alan and I reached the venue safe, sound, and ON TIME! And despite all the last minute panic attacks over makeup issues... we managed to find a bottle of good liquid latex for my prosthetic work after all. :D J.W Marriott and Phillips were generous enough to give us an entire ballroom to ourselves as "changing rooms"!


My "workstation"


Lol. Bear with the camwhores. The phone cam was all I had!


Their bathrooms have aromatherapy burners! So pretty... and what a refreshing tea-tree, bergamot-ey scent!


Hya hya. XD


Professor Isley... these animal-plant toxins had a rather... unique effect on me...
The transformation is complete! Kims as Poison Ivy once again.... a rather buff Poison Ivy at that! Hahahahaha..... Gyah crap lighting.... =.=

Other characters present were Hellboy and V (for Vendetta), and we had Darth Vader and a Clone Trooper do a fight routine. There were also roving photographers with polaroid cams going about snapping photos for everyone. Oh and guess what, Derek and Liang were at the event too! Had a 4 hour break between appearances (one for the press, the other for their own private function)... so that time was spent hanging around and catching up with them, ang also getting to know some of the new faces on the cosplay team.

Oh and our dear Xavier turned up much later... and we all know what happens lah when Xavier is around......... XD

Okay people. Those of you who took pics upload soon so I can steal them!!

Okay and we shall be away for the next 4-5 days! Going to follow my boy to his home in Kluang. Yaaay - 4-5 days of no cares or worries, training, lolling around, training, and eating Big Apple donuts! Shall also swing by JB for the Mr. Malaysia competition. To Terry who is making his comeback... all the best and we just KNOW it's going to be great for you! And also good luck to abang Faidzal who is representing KL in his weight class.

And before I leave on another hiatus.... this is to pacify the people who have been bugging me for photos from my shoots. =.=


NOT one of my stellar shoots. Ick.
I have NO idea why I tend to fare so, so badly with casual/dress photos.

But for this......


I leave up to you. :)

Goodbye! Don't miss me too much kay! xxxxoooo