Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Being so gung-ho and enthusiastic about eating right, making correct food choices, yadda yadda yadda... what's a fat phat girl gonna do in the face of all those sugar cravings??? :( And mind you, I'm a huuuuuuge fan of my desserts and sugary treats.

So we find alternatives! And finally I've found a reliable low-carb protein bar I actually enjoy taking out my munchies on - the UN CarbRite bars. Yes yes... they don't come cheap - almost a whopping RM10 per bar... I've been nagged time and again about this by my friends. But I honestly believe I deserve to spend now that I'm working doubly hard, money is coming in, and I can afford to splash a lil bit more. And yesterday I bought another box!


Anything with marshmallow in it spells LOVE! :D
Okay I know alot of you fellas probably look at a protein bar and go bleaaargh. Understandeable - I've had my fair share of nasty ones too. Most of these things look great but taste real bad. Well... but that's not the case with CarbRite. And believe it or not, these smell like they came right out of a regular bakery! Mmmmm....


So! If you are wondering.... which of these two that I've had taste better....


This is the chocolate brownie one! Has the texture and consistency very reminiscent of a dense fudge brownie if you ask me! Hehe... Don't mind having ice cream with this if I'm feeling naughty... *gets chased and beaten with the Olympic bar* XD


And the S'mores! Hm. Not alot of difference actually just that this one has lighter-coloured filling....

But my verdict? Hehe personally I really like the S'mores one better! It has a lighter, milkier taste where as the former has a stronger, more chocolate-y taste. Ooooh and the S'mores CarbRite bar smells soooooo goooood.

I've tried another flavour called Blueberry Cheesecake too in the past, but that one might be a lil too sweet for most to stomach. I thought that was the best actually... hehe... but maybe that's cos I just had one and didn't have to finish off an entire box myself. If I come across it again I'll make a review. Egonutritions only brought in 3 flavours this time.


Oh by the way.... move over Edge, you got some seeeerious competition. :P


Meet Sam Bond, a.k.a Atlas of UK Gladiators.
Huhuhuhu.... Big, lean, muscular guy. Long hair. Adorable smile. Be still my heart!!! XD

Now wouldn't I loooooove to see these two have a go at each other in the ring.............. :P


Signing off now. It's back to the weight room for me. Glad to say I'm coming back on track fast n' hard after that stretch during CNY where I had no gym access and couldn't train, and felt like my progress backslid. (I hate it when the body does that to you!!) I'm finding my focus, psyching myself up everyday, and hoping that what I'm doing now is on the right track.