Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello again everyone! I am back!

I hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays. It has been a very, very long time since I last went back to my parents' hometown, Bahau. Nothing much has changed back there (grandparents were glad to see me tho thanks to my long absence), it's still boring and entertainment-less... but this time round I was absolutely grateful and appreciative of the few days break I had away from work, uni, commitment and all my other worries. Having so much free time suddenly to muck around was a blessing indeed to reorganise my thoughts, take a breather and unwind. And watch a few episodes of Biggest Loser. LOL.

But aaargh. Being away from my workouts has made me very restless. On top of all the bingeing and anticipated New Year goodies...... Oooooh!


How can you resist this!? Chocolate rolls and my favorite kuih bangkit!!! I could sit around eating those all day. And yes I did polish off half the container in the first day.....


Pineapple tarts! Another treat we all look forward to, eh?


Puffed rice + peanut bars. They don't look like much but taste sooooo gooooood.... and considering I've been dieting for some time.......

And of course... the one thing I look forward to EVERY Chinese New Year....

No, not ang pows.... Tho ang pows ARE one of the things I love about CNY....


Gummy candies!!!! XD LOL!!!
Yes I am such a big kid and a big fatty! Eh I swear, I only have these once a year, which is during CNY. And they're my favourite things to eat, okay! And I was obsessing about these even before I went back to Bahau and hoping that there will be loads of these back there. Mom thinks I'm mad. Lol.

Not alot of photos taken... weather was swelteringly hot. Yes it's tradition to dress up in new clothes and stuff on the first day of New Year, but most of us this year just opted for shorts and jeans and t-shirts or whatever that's more comfy to wear around the house. I had a very nice new dress but heck, why get all dolled up when there's nowhere to go, nobody to see, and you're just gonna be cooped up inside in front of the TV!?

Anyhoo. Still in hippy-happy holiday mood. Work starts today, but keeping a positive outlook on it. Starting back with all my clients tommorow morn. And I whacked out my first workout yesterday evening at Muscle Gym. Did they give me hell!! :D Sure missed training with the fellas.

Good luck to me easing back into my routine.
Have a prosperous year ahead, everybody!