Sunday, February 28, 2010

Will be tweaking a coupla things on my blog layout over the next few days.... so if things look wonky bear with them. Stupid Haloscan that is supposed to be hosting my comments is shutting down, and now if I want to have a customized comment box I need to pay JS-Kit. Sheesh. So I'm trying to figure out the coding for Blogger's original comment box....... *slaps forehead* Hooooooo boy. So if anybody has anything to say... there's the chatbox up on the left hand corner. And oh please pray I don't delete the wrong thing and end up annihilating the entire layout.

While I'm at it here's a random food post... can't remember when some of these pictures were taken. Just have them lying about here n' there in files so why not put them up here.... Sorry if some pics are low-quality cos I took them with my phone.


This was last night... at Outback Steak House in Bangsar. It's an Australian themed American restaurant. Lol. Decided to drop by for dinner as it was part of Ernie's college assignment to do a market research based on this restaurant. We were anticipating some pretty high prices but surprisingly it was quite okay!


Their cheese fries were simply the bomb!! Smothered in rich Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese and beef bacon. Comes with a generous serving of ranch dressing too! Oooh I love ranch dressing.... hehehe....


My order, which was called Chicken on the Barbie. Lol. Basically it's a serving of grilled chicken breast with rice pilaf, steamed vegetables and barbeque sauce. Not too shabby - the chicken was very tender and well seasoned. My only complain perhaps would be that the portion was on the small size for me. :( Either that or I'm just starting to eat alot more than I usually do.....


Ernie's order... it was called Alice's Spring Chicken or something like that. I thought spring chicken would be an entire young bird but turns out it was chicken breast. And it's covered with a whole lot of cheese, bacon and swiss mushrooms. This was absolutely delicious!! Would definitely have this my next trip... If only they had bigger servings!!!! Ngaaaahh!!! I think I'm too used to eating at places like Williams and Bubba Gump. XD Oh and stuffing my face at the buffet table....


This was taken... some time after I came home from Bahau after CNY. We took a trip to House of Buffet (HOB) in KL. A very new restaurant - opened up just in January this year. This is our second trip there to use up this free lunch voucher we got from our first visit. Lol. Food is pretty good. Their dinner spread has alot more variety - fresh oysters, Japanese, Western, local.... and they are BIG ON THEIR DESSERTS!!!! Lots of varieties.... and they serve Baskin Robbins too!! On top of that staff service is excellent. They even offer to hold your plates and follow you around as you select your food from the buffet!


HOB at night, took this pic during our very first visit. Sorry I don't have any photos of the interior... it's very dark and dim, and all I had was my phone...


At Tony Romas.... after CNY also. Their beef ribs are soooo goooood! Then again, beef ribs are always good...... hehe. :P




Can't remember when this was taken... One of the dishes at Bubba Gump. They have some pretty great salads too and these are what I usually order when I'm watching my diet. Lol. Can't remember the name of this one... but it is served with a very unique raspberry vinegarette which gives it an interesting flavour.


Another fave at Bubba Gump. I think these are called Greenbow Tenders or something like that.... They're chicken strips tossed in cajun sauce and served with ranch dressing.

And hey just cos I like making food posts don't mean I eat like that all the time kay. Lol. Eating out is damn expensive............. =.= And bad for the waistline. Most of the time I'm sitting at home miserably poring over my....


Chicken breast and broccoli. Or I try to.
Oh but lately I've found something I really enjoy eating.....


Soft boiled eggs and spaghetti! Man "Toyol" taught me how to make this and I'm so grateful for it. Muuuuch easier to eat than those stupid pan-fried or hard boiled egg whites! This is about... 6 or 7 whites and 1 whole yolk. Looks and sounds completely disgusting (accorsing to my gym mates lol)... but I find this very palatable compared to everything else.

Okay signing off now. Early day tommorow, ugh. And I shall try my very best to keep away from those pineapple tarts in the hall....